Cross-cultural training helps executives, on-site managers, marketers and sales people to understand the basic of local cultures and the implications for communicating with non-English-speaking clients or staff. Cross-cultural training can improve both internal and external communications.
Internal: Effective cross-cultural training encourages appropriate interpersonal skills and behaviours within a diverse workforce and helps avoid:
- Communication problems that can result in hostile and unproductive behaviour
- Misinterpretation of work procedures, leading to errors, frustration and low morale
External: Cross-cultural training helps improve team morale, productivity, and overall business performance by teaching executives and sales teams:
- How to get in touch with a new market whose first language is not English
- How to negotiate with clients who cannot speak English
Our training focuses on:
- Understanding the cultural diversity in Australia, and the cultures of your target markets and overseas audiences
- How to sell to or communicate with non-English-speaking clients or staff effectively and without risk of misunderstanding or misinterpretation
- Distinguishing the myths from the facts in relation to non-English-speaking clients, including myths that could hinder your ability to communicate with them effectively
- The principles of culturally appropriate and user-friendly services and products
You can choose from one of our highly successful standardised workshops or have us work with you to develop a specialised workshop to meet your particular needs.
Prices for workshops vary depending on the length of the training.
Call us today to discuss your needs.